From: Summer1 on

I have three toolbars installed on IE 8:

1. AVG (below the address box)-I know I have to remove delete program and
reinstall without toolbar
2.Google (below the address box)-'Wrench' icon, 'uninstall'
3. 'Another' toolbar to the right of the address box with a magnifying glass
beside it and options for 'Live Search-default,' 'Find on this page,' 'Find
more providers' and 'Manage search providers.'

What is the 3rd toolbar, did it come 'with' IE 8, and am I able to uninstall
it? If so, how do I uninstall it?
From: Alan Edwards on
The 3rd toolbar comes with IE7/8
You cannot uninstall it, though you can add more search providers or
remove ones you have.

For more information, please try the IE7/IE8 group.
The recommended newsgroup is microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

In a proper newsreader:

If you must use a web interface:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 19:31:01 -0800, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Summer1

From: Summer1 on
Which 'search providers' does the IE8 toolbar come with?

I'm assuming that I can add as many as I want but I have to 'change' to
'default' each time I want to use a particular search engine.

From: Summer1 on
The'Bing' and' Live Search' search engines are exactly the same (Bing) so why
would someone add the both?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and
seek support in IE General newsgroup:

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

In your newsreader: