From: Jonno on
What single command (for use in a batch file) will change the PC's
time zone to GMT+10

Is there a line command which will do this directly?

----------

I have started to look at the "Time And Date" control panel but it
doesn't quite do what I want ...

The following command opens the "Time And Date" control panel and
selects the time zone tab. But what do I do to automatically select
the GMT+10 setting and then close the control panel?

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl,,1
From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"Jonno" <johnno(a)mail.invalid> said this in news item
> What single command (for use in a batch file) will change the PC's
> time zone to GMT+10
>
> Is there a line command which will do this directly?
>
> ----------
>
> I have started to look at the "Time And Date" control panel but it
> doesn't quite do what I want ...
>
> The following command opens the "Time And Date" control panel and
> selects the time zone tab. But what do I do to automatically select
> the GMT+10 setting and then close the control panel?
>
> rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl,,1

There is a tool tz.exe that let you do this:

usage: TZ [-b Bias] [-s Name Bias Date] [-d Name Bias Date]
Where...
Default with no parameters is to display current time zone settings.

Unfortunately I do not know where I got the tool from. I suspect that
Microsoft made it available when the Commonwealth Games caused the
Australian Government to defer the end of Daylight Saving. Post again if you
cannot find a download site. You could also hack the registry directly -
there are some explicit instructions here:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1565208/posts.

From: Peter Foldes on
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=DDA845DE-9D70-487C-8F7C-093D4DFD1899&displaylang=en

--
Peter

From: Jose on
On Dec 26, 6:11 am, Jonno <joh...(a)mail.invalid> wrote:
> What single command (for use in a batch file) will change the PC's
> time zone to GMT+10
>
> Is there a line command which will do this directly?
>
> ----------
>
> I have started to look at the "Time And Date" control panel but it
> doesn't quite do what I want ...
>
> The following command opens the "Time And Date" control panel and
> selects the time zone tab. But what do I do to automatically select
> the GMT+10 setting and then close the control panel?
>
> rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl,,1

I am not sure which of those ideas is supposed to answer your question
about how to adjust the time zone from a single command you can use in
a batch file, but this link is one of several found by a Google search
for:

xp change time zone command line

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/network-administrator/how-to-set-time-zone-from-command-line/

To change Time Zone to Jerusalem (GMT+02:00) run the following
command:

RunDLL32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl,,/Z (GMT+02:00)
Jerusalem

Look in the registry and/or timedate.cpl for installed zones:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones

Nothing to download, nothing to try - use what you already have.