From: Stephen Fuld on
I have upgraded my TV from an SD one to an HD LCD, and my receiver from
a 501 to a 722K. The 722K is currently connected to the phone line I
had used for the 501. My questions regard using a broadband connection
to the 722K

First, is there someplace that tells what downloads are available - that
is, what content I am missing by not having the broadband connection?

Second, my internet connection is in a different room on a different
floor than the receiver, so I need some form of remote connection. I
could buy a home plug device and put it in a port on the router. But I
had another idea. For about the same amount of money, there are devices
called "gaming adapters" which are essentially WiFi routers in reverse.
They accept a WiFi signal (which my existing router can output) and
provide a wired internet connection that can be attached to the
receiver. This has the advantage of being able to use the same device
to connect the TV to the internet (for software updates, etc), as well
as to potentially connect a gaming device, should I get one.

So the question is, would one of these devices work with the 722K? Does
anyone have experience with them? The one I saw was by Trendnet, but I
know nothing more about it.

--
- Stephen Fuld
From: Stephen Fuld on
On 1/15/2010 2:55 PM, Stephen Fuld wrote:

Sorry, I posted this to the wrong group. :-(

--
- Stephen Fuld