From: who where on
Using a Billion Wireless-G router (802.11b/g) with WPA2, how can I
tell if there are any intruders accessing the system? The only
connected_user info I can find in the router is the DHCP pool.
From: John Navas on
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:46:34 +0800, in
<tuba66papnmhkp7l46nmfdt76hr6hj1mcd(a)4ax.com>, who where <noone(a)home.net>

<http://home.comcast.net/~jay.deboer/airsnare/>

--
John FAQ for Wireless Internet: <http://wireless.navas.us>
FAQ for Wi-Fi: <http://wireless.navas.us/wiki/Wi-Fi>
From: Jeff Liebermann on
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:46:34 +0800, who where <noone(a)home.net> wrote:

>Using a Billion Wireless-G router (802.11b/g) with WPA2, how can I
>tell if there are any intruders accessing the system? The only
>connected_user info I can find in the router is the DHCP pool.

Any particular model Billion router? Most of the one's I've seen with
a Google search have a built in ADSL modem.
<http://www.billion.com/product/wireless.html>
In order to sniff the traffic between the modem and the router, it has
to be in two different boxes, not one conglomerated box. As John
noted, AirSnare is probably the best for the purpose.

In general, if you're using WPA2 encryption, have a fairly long and
messy pass phrase, and change it occasionally, you're probably not
going to have any hackers on your system.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl(a)cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com