From: Richard K on
I ran the BPA on an SBS 2008 server. It comes back with a critical error
for an incorrect DNS record

"The host (A) resource record points to the incorrect IP address
10.0.0.1510.0.0.114. The record should point to 10.0.0.15".

The server is 10.0.0.15 and it looks like it concatenates the server IP with
another client IP but I don't even see that .114 IP in the DNS. No big
deal. I just started up the DNS manager BUT for the life of me I can't find
this bad record. I have searched the entire tree in the DNS Manager. What
am I missing? Where can I find this to correct it?

When I ping -a 10.0.0.15 I get replies from "myserver.mydomain.local"
When I ping -a 10.0.0.114 I get replies from "myserver.mydomain.local"
When I ping -a myserver I get replies from an IPv6 address
("fe80::9436:91dc:f0dr:6e85%10")

The server has 2 nics but the 2nd one is disabled and not plugged in.

Thanks!

-Richard K

From: Russ (SBITS.Biz) [SBS-MVP] on
Richard this is one of those "THINGS"
you just need to ignore...

It munches TWO IP's together.

As long as everything is working you can ignore it. (As far as I know)
this is not going to be fixed.

If you want me to find the reply I got from Microsoft On this a while ago
I'll look it up.
But for now, ignore it
Thanks
Russ

Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small
Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz BPOS - Microsoft Online
Services - www.BPOSMadeEasy.com Easy Redirect to Microsoft's New SBS Public
Forum - www.SBSRepair.com

From: Richard K on
OK, it's just strange. The main reason I was not ignoring it is because I
have a problem doing RWW into this network. I can connect with \remote but
when I try and "connect to computer" I'm getting an error message

"The wizard cannot configure Remote Desktop Connection settings. Make sure
that the client version of the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) 6.0 or later is
installed on this computer."

This happens when connecting to ANY machine on the network including the SBS
2008 server. I was thinking I may be getting this message because the RWW
is not resolving the DNS as it should but I don't have a fuller
understanding of how SBS 2008 handles the RWW under the hood.

Thanks!

-Richard K

From: abakan on
This happen when You create VPN connection from remote computer and SBS,
after delete VPN connection the second IP-address dont delete. The second IP
delete after shutdown and restart SBS. This is a bug.

From: Susan Bradley on
You've got a VPN set up.

It's reacting with that. Truly ignore it and it has nothing to do with RWW.

go to www.fixmyrww.com and reregister your ts activeX stuff