From: Wilson White on
I'm a noobie at scripting, but I'm going through a self paced learning
guide and one of the scripts calls some very basic information from
the registry using RegRead. It seems that any reg value that I try to
read from "HKCU\Volatile Environment\" fails.

An example of the error I receive:

WshShell.RegRead: Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\Volatile
Environment\LOGONSERVER"

or

WshShell.RegRead: Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\Volatile
Environment\USERNAME"

or

WshShell.RegRead: Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\Volatile
Environment\USERDNSDOMAIN"

I can browse to this location in the registry. I have copied the key
path from the registry so I know it isn't a spelling mistake. It seems
as though I can pick up values from every other path.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks

Pages: 1
Prev: Excel window visible!