From: Merrily on
Hello: I have an investment account that is linked to a cash account. Each
month I reconcile the cash account. For last month, I cannot reconcile the
cash. I download the information monthly from the brokerage. For last
month, there are security purchases and sales. Some of the transactions
downloaded correctly while others did not. For example, two purchases are
recorded in the investment account but the link to transfer the funds out
of the cash account are missing. And even though the entry form for the
Buy - shares bought includes wording, "Enter the purchase of shares of a
security (subtract the cost from my cash balance)." and the space for the
Account is filled in, it is greyed out and cannot be edited; moreover, the
Total cost is not appearing in the linked cash account nor, obviously, in
the reconciliation form. What can I do?

-------------------------------------

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 19548 messages and counting!
From: John Pollard on
Merrily wrote:
> Hello: I have an investment account that is linked to a cash account.
> Each month I reconcile the cash account. For last month, I cannot
> reconcile the cash. I download the information monthly from the
> brokerage. For last month, there are security purchases and sales.
> Some of the transactions downloaded correctly while others did not.
> For example, two purchases are recorded in the investment account but
> the link to transfer the funds out of the cash account are missing.
> And even though the entry form for the Buy - shares bought includes
> wording, "Enter the purchase of shares of a security (subtract the
> cost from my cash balance)." and the space for the Account is filled
> in, it is greyed out and cannot be edited; moreover, the Total cost
> is not appearing in the linked cash account nor, obviously, in the
> reconciliation form. What can I do?

There are a few things you can try.

Delete, then manually re-enter, the Buy transactions; start with just one
to see if it makes any difference.

Try recalculating the investment account. With the cursor in the
"Transactions" tab of the account, hold down CTRL while keying the letter
"Z". You should get a small dialog box asking you to confirm that you
want to "Recalculate all transactions".

Try Validating a Quicken Copy of your data; if the Validated Copy does not
exhibit the problem, make that Validated Copy your regular file.

Backup before trying any of the above.

--

John Pollard

From: helpern on
helpern had written this in response to
http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Investment-account-link-to-cash-20139-.htm
:
What do you do if the "Reconcile an Account" is grayed out in > Choose
Investing menu > Investing Activities > Reconcile an Account.

-------------------------------------
Merrily wrote:

> Hello: I have an investment account that is linked to a cash account.
> Each
> month I reconcile the cash account. For last month, I cannot reconcile
> the
> cash. I download the information monthly from the brokerage. For last
> month, there are security purchases and sales. Some of the transactions
> downloaded correctly while others did not. For example, two purchases
> are
> recorded in the investment account but the link to transfer the funds
> out
> of the cash account are missing. And even though the entry form for the
> Buy - shares bought includes wording, "Enter the purchase of
> shares of a
> security (subtract the cost from my cash balance)." and the space
> for the
> Account is filled in, it is greyed out and cannot be edited; moreover,
> the
> Total cost is not appearing in the linked cash account nor, obviously,
> in
> the reconciliation form. What can I do?

> -------------------------------------

> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> Newsgroup Access Courtesy
> http://www.rockryno.com/
> Tax and Accounting Software Forums
> Web and RSS access
> to your favorite newsgroup -
> alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 19548
> messages and counting!

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 19829 messages and counting!

Pages: 1
Prev: SoldX ?
Next: Quicken 2010 Edit