From: RJ on
On May 3, 5:03 pm, Joe Nine <j...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> RJ wrote:
> >> I think that one's covered in the FAQ:http://jibbering.com/faq/
>
> > No ..i didn't find the solution there
>
> 10.11http://jibbering.com/faq/#fileDownload

well i tried following options :

> location.href= url (works in some case but most of the times it
opens in a browser)
> window.open(url,'Download') (popup blocker issue)..

I guess der isn't any way through javascript....i will have to go for
server side..

Thanks all
From: Evertjan. on
RJ wrote on 03 mei 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

> I guess der isn't any way through javascript....i will have to go for
> server side..

Incorrect.

Javascript is not a pseudonym of clientside.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: "Michael Haufe ("TNO")" on
On May 3, 6:21 am, RJ <johnren...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Is their any way by which download dialog can be invoked via
> javascript. All i have is url of the file to be downloaded.......

See the discussion in progress here:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/browse_thread/thread/39405319f7462878/f16a5035fcf9c322?show_docid=f16a5035fcf9c322

The short answer is "yes", the long answer is "kinda"
From: Bwig Zomberi on
RJ wrote:
> Is their any way by which download dialog can be invoked via
> javascript. All i have is url of the file to be downloaded.......

Set location.href with the URL of the download file. If the URL is that
of say a zip file, then the dialog will be displayed. If it is something
that will be displayed inside the browser, then you need to use
server-side code to invoke the dialog.

--
Bwig Zomberi