From: RJ on
Is their any way by which download dialog can be invoked via
javascript. All i have is url of the file to be downloaded.......
From: Joe Nine on

I think that one's covered in the FAQ: http://jibbering.com/faq/
From: RJ on
On May 3, 4:26 pm, Joe Nine <j...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> RJ wrote:
> > Is their any way by which download dialog can be invoked via
> > javascript. All i have is url of the file to be downloaded.......
>
> I think that one's covered in the FAQ:http://jibbering.com/faq/

No ..i didn't find the solution there
From: Evertjan. on
RJ wrote on 03 mei 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

> On May 3, 4:26�pm, Joe Nine <j...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>> RJ wrote:
>> > Is their any way by which download dialog can be invoked via
>> > javascript. All i have is url of the file to be downloaded.......
>>
>> I think that one's covered in the FAQ:http://jibbering.com/faq/
>
> No ..i didn't find the solution there

[Usually there is no "the" solution.]

Then the problem seems to be in your Q.
What do you mean by "invoking" and "dialog" here?
Just "having" an URL is not covering that.

What javascript code have you tried sofar?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: Joe Nine on