From: Hemant on
Hi,

I am working asp.net 2005 . I want to save my data into database after every
2 minutes till my application is running. For this I have to call save
method after every 2 min so please help to solve this.

Thanks ,
Hemant

From: Andy O'Neill on

"Hemant" <Hemant(a)nomail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am working asp.net 2005 . I want to save my data into database after
> every 2 minutes till my application is running. For this I have to call
> save method after every 2 min so please help to solve this.
>
> Thanks ,
> Hemant
In an asp.net app, you realise the code runs on the server - right?

I can't think of any way to do that with javascript.
So I reckon you'd need to look at silverlight or activex.
I like silverlight..

From: Mark Rae [MVP] on

> I am working asp.net 2005 . I want to save my data into database after
> every 2 minutes till my application is running. For this I have to call
> save method after every 2 min so please help to solve this.

What "data" are you talking about?

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

From: Mr. Arnold on
Hemant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working asp.net 2005 . I want to save my data into database after every
> 2 minutes till my application is running. For this I have to call save
> method after every 2 min so please help to solve this.

You'll have to use Ajax and make a call to a function from client side
javascript to get to a method on the codebhind file.

<http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/CallCodeBehindByJS.aspx>

You set the timer and call the function. The function called will be
going back to the codebehind file to call the Save() method.

<http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/tutorials/javascript/timers>
<http://www.pageresource.com/jscript/jtimeout.htm>

I don't know if you can set the timer in millseconds for 5 minutes, let
me know.