From: David F. on
Hello,

This IOCTL appears to be one of IOCTL_VOLUME_BASE, however I don't see it
documented anywhere for function 0x14 (20).

What is it?

TIA!!

From: Boba on
I remember seeing the Open Watcom Project using it:

#define IOCTL_VOLUME_QUERY_ALLOCATION_HINT \
CTL_CODE( IOCTL_VOLUME_BASE, 20, METHOD_OUT_DIRECT, FILE_READ_ACCESS )

Boba.

From: "Jialiang Ge [MSFT]" on
Hello

I queried the product database and found that
IOCTL_VOLUME_QUERY_ALLOCATION_HINT is undocumented because the product team
may be modifying it in the future. IOCTL_VOLUME_QUERY_ALLOCATION_HINT is
exposed via ntddvol.h and is associated with volsnap.sys.

Regards,
Jialiang Ge
Microsoft Online Community Support

msdnmg(a)microsoft.com.