From: Douglas J. Steele on
Are you concerned that the combo box won't have anything in it if the table
doesn't have anything in it? How is that any different than having a text
box?

You can set the RowSource property of the combo box to

SELECT DISTINCT Full_Name
FROM MyTable
ORDER BY Full_Name

Remember that you need to set the combo box's LimitToList property to True,
and put code in its NotInList event to add new entries to the table.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"Faraz Ahmed Qureshi" <FarazAhmedQureshi(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E4E8F32A-6D5A-48E0-BB98-B50ED6B14FEE(a)microsoft.com...

From: David W. Fenton on
"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele(a)NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote in

> You can set the RowSource property of the combo box to
>
> SELECT DISTINCT Full_Name
> FROM MyTable
> ORDER BY Full_Name

Probably better to have:

SELECT DISTINCT Full_Name
FROM MyTable
WHERE Full_Name Is Not Null
ORDER BY Full_Name

Otherwise, you end up with a blank entry in the dropdown list, which
does nobody any good.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Douglas J. Steele on
Good point.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet(a)dfenton.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele(a)NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> You can set the RowSource property of the combo box to
>>
>> SELECT DISTINCT Full_Name
>> FROM MyTable
>> ORDER BY Full_Name
>
> Probably better to have:
>
> SELECT DISTINCT Full_Name
> FROM MyTable
> WHERE Full_Name Is Not Null
> ORDER BY Full_Name
>
> Otherwise, you end up with a blank entry in the dropdown list, which
> does nobody any good.
>
> --
> David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
> usenet at dfenton dot com http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/