From: "Mr. Arnold" MR. on

"Rich P" <rpng123(a)aol.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for all this great information. One of my other (new)
> requirements is that I have to get up to speed on WCF. You guys (they)
> are moving just a little too fast for me. I guess this is the Hollywood
> of nerdom :).

Well, you should investigate the power of WCF and ADO.NET Entity Framework,
because an EF object is an implicit serialized data contract to WCF. It
means that the WCF client using a BLL object's method can call a WCF service
DAL object's method, and in turn, the DAL object's method can query the EF
model to return an EF object or objects in a collection directly to the
client to be manipulated on the WCF client-side-BLL and sent back to the WCF
service-side-DAL and persisted to the database. You can do it with ease.

Yeah, you should get yourself a good WCF book to learn the basics. I had to
learn the hard-way about what it all means with WCF. You can do the fast
track learning about WCF too, after you learn the basics. I can give you
that information if you like, because what does the book mean if you really
can't see it all in action up close and personal line by line as you
single-step? :)