From: Nil on
On 09 May 2010, mycomputer3(a)mydesk.com wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> I rate IE6 as the worst piece of software ever created by MS. I
> find it hard to believe that people tolerated it as long as they
> did, but that may account for the popularity of Firefox, Opera,
> and other browsers

Although I usually use Firefox, I also used IE6 for years on both
Windows 2000 and now on XP. I never had the problems you describe. It
worked just fine for me.

I skipped IE7 entirely, but I finally installed IE8 a couple of months
ago. It has also work without any problems of any kind.

It sounds to me like you have more system problems than just your
internet browser.