From: GustyWinds on
I had a similar issue until I found a neat program called ListPsts created by
Upstart. If you run c:\listpsts.exe /s "C:\*pst"
in a command window it will search your entire drive for PSTs and tell you
if they are unicode or ANSI. You could also use it on a server to search all
existing psts. Here is the link to download this free app:
http://www.maclean.com/upstart/
They also have a converting program you can purchase. I don't think I'll
need to go that far yet, but I'm thinking about it. We've been upgrading a
lot of users to Office 2007 at work and need to make sure everyone has
Unicode PSTs. I was surprised this app isn't mentioned in any of the threads
I've seen around the internet. If anyone else has experience with ListPsts or
the conversion program, please spread the word as it seems a lot of people
are looking for an app like this one.
From: F. H. Muffman on
"GustyWinds" <GustyWinds(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had a similar issue until I found a neat program called ListPsts created
>by
> Upstart. If you run c:\listpsts.exe /s "C:\*pst"
> in a command window it will search your entire drive for PSTs and tell you
> if they are unicode or ANSI. You could also use it on a server to search
> all
> existing psts. Here is the link to download this free app:
> http://www.maclean.com/upstart/
> They also have a converting program you can purchase. I don't think I'll
> need to go that far yet, but I'm thinking about it. We've been upgrading a
> lot of users to Office 2007 at work and need to make sure everyone has
> Unicode PSTs. I was surprised this app isn't mentioned in any of the
> threads
> I've seen around the internet. If anyone else has experience with ListPsts
> or
> the conversion program, please spread the word as it seems a lot of people
> are looking for an app like this one.

Well, why would you need an app? Outlook will tell you. Open the PST,
right click on the top level folder and pull up properties and, on the
Advanced button, Format will be either Personal Folders File will be
unicode, Personal Folders File (Outlook 97-2002) will be ANSI.
--
f.h.

From: GustyWinds on
I need the app so I can just scan the server and see which users have ANSI
Psts in their My Documents. Then I can address those specific users instead
of have to go to each user or trusting them to do it themselves.