From: BlueJohn on
I've been using an iPhone 3GS for a few months now, living and working
in London. Accessing the net over 3G is just incredibly slow, all the
time, no matter where I am.

About 3 or 4 times out of 10, I just give up waiting to access most
sites. And the minute I see the "E" icon appear, I don't even both
trying to connect as it will take any web site a minimum of about 5
mins to load.

Is that just my experience?

From: Jon on
In article <2f976a9e-5be7-4b70-a7fe-
7e47d90c19dc(a)c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, gilgongo(a)gmail.com says...
> I've been using an iPhone 3GS for a few months now, living and working
> in London. Accessing the net over 3G is just incredibly slow, all the
> time, no matter where I am.
>
> About 3 or 4 times out of 10, I just give up waiting to access most
> sites. And the minute I see the "E" icon appear, I don't even both
> trying to connect as it will take any web site a minimum of about 5
> mins to load.

I believe that latest figures show that O2 have the "worst" 3G network
according to Ofcom.
--
Regards
Jon
From: Paulg0 on

"Jon" <spam(a)jonparker.plus.com> wrote in message
> In article <2f976a9e-5be7-4b70-a7fe-
> 7e47d90c19dc(a)c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, gilgongo(a)gmail.com says...
>> I've been using an iPhone 3GS for a few months now, living and working
>> in London. Accessing the net over 3G is just incredibly slow, all the
>> time, no matter where I am.
>>
>> About 3 or 4 times out of 10, I just give up waiting to access most
>> sites. And the minute I see the "E" icon appear, I don't even both
>> trying to connect as it will take any web site a minimum of about 5
>> mins to load.
>
> I believe that latest figures show that O2 have the "worst" 3G network
> according to Ofcom.

I have an o2 iphone payg sim for occasional use in a dongle on my laptop.
Generally on the rare occasions I can get a 3g signal the speed is OK.
Signal is the big problem usually.80% of the time I only get GPRS and EDGE
connections. All the other networks are far better

Paul

From: Smurf on
Paulg0 wrote:
> "Jon" <spam(a)jonparker.plus.com> wrote in message
>> In article <2f976a9e-5be7-4b70-a7fe-
>> 7e47d90c19dc(a)c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, gilgongo(a)gmail.com
>> says...
>>> I've been using an iPhone 3GS for a few months now, living and
>>> working in London. Accessing the net over 3G is just incredibly
>>> slow, all the time, no matter where I am.
>>>
>>> About 3 or 4 times out of 10, I just give up waiting to access most
>>> sites. And the minute I see the "E" icon appear, I don't even both
>>> trying to connect as it will take any web site a minimum of about 5
>>> mins to load.
>>
>> I believe that latest figures show that O2 have the "worst" 3G
>> network according to Ofcom.
>
> I have an o2 iphone payg sim for occasional use in a dongle on my
> laptop. Generally on the rare occasions I can get a 3g signal the
> speed is OK. Signal is the big problem usually.80% of the time I only
> get GPRS and EDGE connections. All the other networks are far better
>

> Paul

Which is why i will be switching to Orange pretty soon..

From: Ian Smith on
BlueJohn wrote:
> I've been using an iPhone 3GS for a few months now, living and working
> in London. Accessing the net over 3G is just incredibly slow, all the
> time, no matter where I am.
>
> About 3 or 4 times out of 10, I just give up waiting to access most
> sites. And the minute I see the "E" icon appear, I don't even both
> trying to connect as it will take any web site a minimum of about 5
> mins to load.
>
> Is that just my experience?

I find '3' a mixed bag - somewhere between poor and just acceptable.

regards, Ian