From: johan on
I do have my comp bios set to boot from a CD before the C: drive, if
necessary. What I'm wondering now is whether it is possible to have
my comp boot from an external hd if it finds that the C: drive is not
bootable?
From: Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) on
> necessary. What I'm wondering now is whether it is possible to have
> my comp boot from an external hd if it finds that the C: drive is not
> bootable?

Check the BIOS settings. What motherboard are you using?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.33.2
From: Yousuf Khan on
johan(a)0qwr.com wrote:
> I do have my comp bios set to boot from a CD before the C: drive, if
> necessary. What I'm wondering now is whether it is possible to have
> my comp boot from an external hd if it finds that the C: drive is not
> bootable?

Usually there should be another option available besides just booting
from CD/DVD. There should also be an option available for booting from USB.

Yousuf Khan
From: Rod Speed on
johan(a)0qwr.com wrote:

> I do have my comp bios set to boot from a CD before the C: drive, if
> necessary. What I'm wondering now is whether it is possible to have my
> comp boot from an external hd if it finds that the C: drive is not bootable?

Varys with the bios. The bios needs to be able to do that, particularly
with usb external drives, and not only that, the OS on the usb external
drive needs to be able to do that too. It can get rather tricky with Win,
its not just a matter of copying the OS to the external drive. Possible
tho if the bios can do it.