From: ev on
I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of contents.

I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another.

Is it possible?

From: trip_to_tokyo on
WORD 2007

Yes it is.

Here is a link that may help:-

http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/table-of-contents-iii-use-fields-to-create-a-toc-and-create-multiple-tocs-RZ010266698.aspx?CTT=1

Thanks.

From: mike.smith on
Yes you can,

what you need to do is to set a two different set of styles. Then in one TOC
use exclusively Style 1 and in the other exclusively Style 2.

Make the TOC according to this tutorial but as said, when you will define
your TOC use respective style.

http://www.mswordhelp.com/2010/04/word-2002/table-of-contents-in-microsoft-word-2002/

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website

Mike
http://www.mswordhelp.com
how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks

From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
Another way to have separate TOCs, if one is for a specific portion of the
document is to bookmark that section and then insert a TOC that refers to
the bookmark, as described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

From: Jay Freedman on
ev@,

The article linked by trip_to_tokyo describes three different ways to put
multiple TOCs in a document. For the specific situation of a separate
appendix, only the one involving bookmarks is simple and relatively
foolproof.

So you don't have to wade through all 17 pages of that long article to get
the bit that's useful to you, go directly to page 14 with this link:
http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/bookmarks-RZ010266698.aspx?section=14&lc=en-gb.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman