From: Jeff Boyce on
Before you avail yourself of any services offered "for a fee", you need to
be aware that the Code of Conduct for these newsgroups prohibits advertising
"for fee" services. Do you really want to do business with someone who
disregards the rules?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: Steve on
Code of Conduct for these newsgroups does not prohibit advertising "for fee"
services. Just as his email says; that's nonsense. That's a lie that this
guy continuously propagates. The Code of Conduct for these newsgroups does
prohibit lieing. Do you really want to trust anything an MVP who lies?

Regards,

Steve
BSChe, MBA, CAP

From: John... Visio MVP on
Reactor data from a refinery?. Stevie, do you really know what you are
talking about?

John... Visio MVP

From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
You will be shot down every time you try to sell your services here. Lashing
out at justifiable reprimands only makes you look small and desperate.

From: Jeff Boyce on
Steve

You're right. The Rules of Conduct (see below) do not prohibit advertising,
they merely ask that you refrain from it. I can see how you could interpret
the second sentence of the third topic to allow you to post your offers,
provided you mention something about the "intended use and purpose of the
newsgroup". However, if you read the first sentence of that section, it
clearly states that the purpose is to provide peer-to-peer assistance. That
would seem to obviate asking for payment for your assistance.

<snip>
Rules of Conduct

Appropriate Language: The purpose of our communities is to exchange
technical information and expertise about Microsoft products. Please avoid
personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your interactions.

Relevance to Topics: Please make sure that your postings in newsgroups and
chats are relevant to the subject at hand. It is normal for some topics to
drift from the stated subject. However, to ensure maximum benefit for
everyone, we encourage you to keep your postings as close to the subject as
possible.

Advertising/Solicitation: These communities were created as a forum for
providing peer-to-peer assistance related to using Microsoft products and
services. We ask that you refrain from posting unsolicited advertisements
that do not pertain directly to the intended use and purpose of the
newsgroup or chat.

Confidentiality: Please keep in mind that our communities are public spaces,
so don't post anything that you don't want the world to see. Credit card
numbers, product keys, and other confidential information, including
anything covered under a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), should not be
posted to a newsgroup, chat, or other community.

<snip>

Regards

Jeff Boyce