From: Sebastian on
On 19 Jul., 17:25, adacrypt wrote:
> On Jul 19, 10:46 am, Sebastian wrote:
> >[...]
> >So, what's the deal here? Why bother with a
> >convoluted algorithm that is not any better than the plain OTP ?
>
> Your'e covering far to much ground here with your general philosophy
> for me to try and counter whatyou say by post
> [...]
> i don't wish to be evasive

But you are evasive. Basically I'm asking for two things.

(1) I would like to know what other books you have read on
cryptography other than Simon Sigh's "The Code Book". In at least one
of your PDFs you claim to have read many.

(2) I would like you to explain why you think that anything you
developed is any better in any respect than plain OTP. So far, I can
only come up with disadvantages and no advantages whatsoever.

Cheers!
SG
From: Mok-Kong Shen on
Mok-Kong Shen wrote:
> adacrypt wrote:
> [2 posts combined]

I posted the previous post without reading another post of yours
containing:

> Explanation of scrambling.
> There are two variables called "Step" and "Repeat" - when the

Please give for the scrambling of the sequence taken from SR1 a
pseudo-code in the style of C (or of ADA).

M. K. Shen
From: adacrypt on
On Jul 20, 10:04 am, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.s...(a)t-online.de> wrote:
> [...]
>
> [2 posts combined]
>
> > Yes - S1 is not a fixed string but is contrived (engineered) to be the
> > same length as the messagelength.
> > If it happens that the message for encryption is already a round
> > multiple of 95 then this is good luck and no 'engineering' is
> > necessary.
> > There is no engineering as such to be done - this in retrospect was an
> > unfortunate choice of words by me to cover the act of counting and
> > then computing 'm' the multiplier of 95 - the characters are simply
> > counted as they are read in from an external file or from the keyboard
> > - in passing this latter is done by the keyboard operator who does not
> > need to know anything about cryptography (any cryptography).
>
> > No there is no raw secret material SR1 whatever - there is only the
> > perfectly open set of printable ASCII only that is available to
> > everyone - S1 is created as described - talk again - adacrypt
>
>  > Hi again,
>
>    >‘N’ belongs in the range  (X +127) to 2(X+32) i.e. 14440 to 28690.
>
>  > S2 is used fro any message that is from 1 to 14250 characters (in this
>  > case) long - any message within the 'scope' of the set of N's is ok.
>
>  > No different different messages use the same S2 albeit a different
>  > subset of the same S2 - that subset depends on the slice parameter in
>  > vogue that is set by Alice - i.e. the point at which the program
>  > starts reading the array of N's - the reading process wraps back to
>  > the beginning but the array is read only once in entirety.
>
>  > No. There is no raw secret SR2 - S2 is created as described only - it
>  > is validated by testing every possible combination of key, Plaintext
>  > and N in a special computer program - I have given a link already to
>  > this - once the computer program is run the understanding becomes very
>  > clear and in future you can write down the bounds of N by inspection
>  > as I have done in the worked example - talk again - adacrypt
>
> There have been lots of stuffs that you didn't tell clearly in previous
> posts IMHO. But doesn't matter. Since I have already spent quite some
> time on this, I'll keep on till the end. Now please examine/correct
> the following. (I assume you have no objection that I name your
> "perfectly open stuff" SR1).
>
> (1) Message length: L characters in a 95 subset of ASCII, L=0 mod 95,
>      L<=14250.
>
> (2) Partners agree to employ a publically available character sequence
>      SR1 of length 14250.
>
> (3) S1: a character sequence of lengeh L that is either directly taken
>      from SR1 or is a modified version of a part of SR1.
>
> (4) S2: an integer sequence in [14440, 28690] of length L.
>
> Now please concretely explain the following for a given message of length L:
>
> (1) If L<14250, which part of SR1 will be taken for processing? Under
>      which condition is it not modified? If it needs to be modified, how?
>
> (2) How does one compute the integer sequence S2?

Hi,
>S1: a character sequence of lengeh L that is either directly taken
> from SR1 or is a modified version of a part of SR1.

S1 is effectively equal to SR1 - i.e. SR1 is comprised of multiples
of the 95 subset of ASCII according to the message length - the round
number of modules are combined into one array. When this array is
scrambled it becomes S1.

>(1) If L<14250, which part of SR1 will be taken for processing? Under
> which condition is it not modified? If it needs to be modified, how?

All of it since S1 is in essence SR1 after scrambling and has to be
equal to the message length it will all be required in order to
satisfy the caveat "key length = Messagelength" - the only
'modifying' as such is the fact of its being positionally scrambled
according to parameters decided by Alice. If you call scrambling
'modifying' then it is up to Alice - she decides on when the
scarmbling parameters are changed - that could be at midnight every
day or even every single message instantaneously - she calls the
shots, the partners (I prefer to call them entities) don't 'agree' to
anything - Alice is the boss. - she may decide not to scarmble,
modify?', as you put it, at will or as prudence guides her.

>(2) How does one compute the integer sequence S2?

I have given you the details of how to set the bounds of the range of
N's - regarding how to compute the sequence the background theory
behind this has its origins in the Vigenere Cipher and in the Vigenere
square of that cipher being 1) populated by the printable subset of
ASCII and 2) the square is made mobile in the fourth quadrant of the
XY plane. This is far to difficult to convey to you by post.

I have no intention of withholding my stuff from anyone and especially
with the aim of playing cat 'n mouse but there is alimit to how much I
can describe here - you could on the other hand just take my algorithm
as a detached piece of number work that describes the rule of a speial
sequence that yields a desired result.

I regret if this isn't helpful to you and will be pleased to try again
anytime.

I think you would find it profitable to concentrate on the core
algorithm theory and leave the management aspects until later.

- regards - adacrypt
From: adacrypt on
On Jul 20, 10:14 am, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.s...(a)t-online.de> wrote:
> Mok-Kong Shen wrote:
> > adacrypt wrote:
> > [2 posts combined]
>
> I posted the previous post without reading another post of yours
> containing:
>
>  > Explanation of scrambling.
>  > There are two variables called "Step" and "Repeat" - when the
>
> Please give for the scrambling of the sequence taken from SR1 a
> pseudo-code in the style of C (or of ADA).
>
> M. K. Shen

Hi,

PROCEDURE Load_n_Scramble_Encryption_Keys IS
--pre; Package called "Key_Pad_Characters_Mark_150 " is created
--post; current program keys are loaded

Repeats : CONSTANT Positive := 285;-- Keys scrambling parameters
Step : CONSTANT Positive := 50; -- Step x Repeats <= 14250

BEGIN -- Text_Load_n_Scramble
FOR I IN 1 .. 14250 LOOP
A(I):= Key_Pad_Characters_Mark_150.Num_TO_Char(Numin => I);
B(I):= Key_Pad_Characters_Mark_150.Num_TO_Char(Numin => I);
END LOOP;
Z := 0;
FOR J IN 1 .. Repeats LOOP
FOR I IN REVERSE Z+1 .. Z+Step LOOP
Z:=Z+1;
B(Z) := A(I);
-- Ada.Text_IO.New_Line; -- displays the scrambling effect.
-- Ada.Text_IO.Put(Item => " "); --
-- Ada.Text_IO.Put(Item => A(Z)); --
-- Ada.Text_IO.Put(Item => " "); --
-- Ada.Text_IO.Put(Item => B(Z)); --
END LOOP;
-- Ada.Text_IO.New_Line; --
END LOOP;
-- Ada.Text_IO.Get(Item => View); -- halts program to allow view.
END Load_n_Scramble_Encryption_Keys;

This is a copy of the sourcecode taken verbatim from one program
version of the five I have written in Scalable Key ciphers to hand -
it will give you an idea of how its done in my programs - you will be
able to adapt it to your own preferred programming language easily I
am sure. - hope this helps - adacrypt
From: Mok-Kong Shen on
adacrypt wrote:

>> S1: a character sequence of lengeh L that is either directly taken
> > from SR1 or is a modified version of a part of SR1.
>
> S1 is effectively equal to SR1 - i.e. SR1 is comprised of multiples
> of the 95 subset of ASCII according to the message length - the round
> number of modules are combined into one array. When this array is
> scrambled it becomes S1.
>
>> (1) If L<14250, which part of SR1 will be taken for processing? Under
>> which condition is it not modified? If it needs to be modified, how?
>
> All of it since S1 is in essence SR1 after scrambling and has to be
> equal to the message length it will all be required in order to
> satisfy the caveat "key length = Messagelength" - the only
> 'modifying' as such is the fact of its being positionally scrambled
> according to parameters decided by Alice. If you call scrambling
> 'modifying' then it is up to Alice - she decides on when the
> scarmbling parameters are changed - that could be at midnight every
> day or even every single message instantaneously - she calls the
> shots, the partners (I prefer to call them entities) don't 'agree' to
> anything - Alice is the boss. - she may decide not to scarmble,
> modify?', as you put it, at will or as prudence guides her.

Is it that one scrambles the whole of SR1 from time to time on the
command of one partner? If so, which part of the scrambled SR1 is to be
used for a particular message? Your ADA code in the other post is
loaded in my view with too much implementation dependent context to
be readily understood for me. Anyway it seems to be a rather
'straightforward' permutation in comparision to permutations that are
based on ps�udo-random numbers. So, dependent on how the S1 is going
to be used (which is yet to be clarified) its quality may be
questionable IMHO.

>> (2) How does one compute the integer sequence S2?
>
> I have given you the details of how to set the bounds of the range of
> N's - regarding how to compute the sequence the background theory
> behind this has its origins in the Vigenere Cipher and in the Vigenere
> square of that cipher being 1) populated by the printable subset of
> ASCII and 2) the square is made mobile in the fourth quadrant of the
> XY plane. This is far to difficult to convey to you by post.

If you couldn't/wouldn't clearly explain a part of your algorithm, why
should people in this group study your algorithm at all? Should they
'believe' that the algorithm is superior or is even a wonder, because it
is so complicated that even its author fails to present it in a proper
form?

> I have no intention of withholding my stuff from anyone and especially
> with the aim of playing cat 'n mouse but there is alimit to how much I
> can describe here - you could on the other hand just take my algorithm
> as a detached piece of number work that describes the rule of a speial
> sequence that yields a desired result.
>
> I regret if this isn't helpful to you and will be pleased to try again
> anytime.
>
> I think you would find it profitable to concentrate on the core
> algorithm theory and leave the management aspects until later.

If the algorithm employs S1 and S2 and these are variable (different
for different messages), then they belong evidently to the core!

M. K. Shen