From: Rich on
Here is what I mean by learning curve:

.....learning curve? It should be about as simple as

TextParserAdapter parser = new
textparseradapter(@"<path>\SpaceDelimFile.txt");
parser.ColumnDelimiter = new char[] { ' ' };

DataTable dt = parser.GetDataTable();
<

I compiled GenericParsing, I added a reference to my project to the
GenericParsing library, and also added a using directive -- using
GenericParsing

But I do not get TextParserAdapter to show up in the intellisense and if I
just type it - VS(2008) complains. Is it because GenericParsing is from
VS2003? How do Implement this in my (VS2008 C#) project?

Thanks

From: Rich on
Well, I tried the following, but VS complained at the DataTable part. In the
demo project I did not see any GetDataTable() methods.

GenericParsing.GenericParser parser = new GenericParsing.GenericParser(s1);

From: Jeff Johnson on

> Yay! I got it work -- turns out that my text file with the 52000 rows was
> this type:
>
> "abc" "def" "ghi" "jkl"
> "abc" "def" "ghi" "jkl"
> "abc" "def" "ghi" "jkl"
>
> with double quotes surrounding the text. It must have been generated with
> VBA. Anyway, the streamreader in my original routine will read the double
> quotes OK, I was just doing a .Replace(..."\"","") for each piece of data.
> Once I understand the workings of GenericParser I could probably add a
> .Replace to it (somewhere).

parser.TextQualifier = '"' // <-- apostrophe quotation-mark apostrophe