From: hiral on
Hi,

Is there any module/utility like 'rsync' in python.

Thank you in advance.
-Hiral
From: garabik-news-2005-05 on

http://freshmeat.net/projects/pysync/
http://vdesmedt.com/~vds2212/rsync.html

| Radovan GarabĂ­k http://kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk/~garabik/ |
| __..--^^^--..__ garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk |
From: Steven D'Aprano on
On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 23:22:46 -0700, hiral wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any module/utility like 'rsync' in python.

http://code.activestate.com/recipes/577022-rsync-algorithm-in-python/

but you probably aren't going to beat the performance and reliability of
your platform's rsync utility. Chances are that your best approach will
be to call it using the subprocess module.

--
Steven
From: Aahz on
In article <4bbecc4e$0$8850$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com>,
Steven D'Aprano <steve(a)REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> wrote:
>On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 23:22:46 -0700, hiral wrote:
>>
>> Is there any module/utility like 'rsync' in python.
>
>http://code.activestate.com/recipes/577022-rsync-algorithm-in-python/
>
>but you probably aren't going to beat the performance and reliability of
>your platform's rsync utility. Chances are that your best approach will
>be to call it using the subprocess module.

Depends on what your goal is. My company uses a homegrown librsync
wrapper similar to the aforementioned
http://freshmeat.net/projects/pysync/
because we're up/downloading files over HTTP.
--
Aahz (aahz(a)pythoncraft.com) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

--Bill Harlan