From: RustyOnVBA on

From: joel on

The calendar object like most excel objects is giving you the version
of the object that was available in windows 2000 to make it forward and
backwards compatible from on everion of windows/Office to any other
version.

The objects like a calendar is really a DLL in you C:\windows\system32
folder. Microsoft has updated all the DLL over time to add new
features. VBA has not upgraded the interfaces to these DLL to matain
compatiblity. so Usually the solution to these problems is to call the
DLL through different interfaces than the standard interfaces provided
in VBA.

For example the file picker dialog box which I use often is part of the
shell32.dll file. In VBA there are at least three methods of getting to
this DLL

1) Use GetOpenfilename
2) use the filedialog : Set fd =
Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker)
3) Access the DLL directly like this code

Declare Function SHGetPathFromIDListA Lib "shell32.dll" ( _
ByVal pidl As Long, _
ByVal pszBuffer As String) As Long

Declare Function SHBrowseForFolderA Lib "shell32.dll" ( _
lpBrowseInfo As BrowseInfo) As Long

I don't know which feature of the calendar you are trying to use so I
don't know which is the best method of solving your problem. I have one
program I wrote that uses the calendar but only for selection a date. I
would need to know more information to help youi.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz