From: Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) on
On 4/29/2010 16:15, Judy Zappacosta wrote:
> Is there freeware that will blur just a selected portion of a digial
> photograph?

Do it yourself? PhotoFiltre 6 has a Sludge function.

Programmable? Haven't heard of.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.33.3
From: rich on
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 08:15:06 +0000, Judy Zappacosta wrote:

> Is there freeware that will blur just a selected portion of a digial
> photograph?

Gimp - has a section of filters for different blurs:

see: http://www.imageno.com/qk8to4hkfj0spic.html

try the portable version

http://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/gimp_portable

otherwise

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/

--
rich
From: bugbear on
Judy Zappacosta wrote:
> Is there freeware that will blur just a selected portion of a digial
> photograph?

Yes. Gimp.

Make selection
filter->blur

BugBear
From: John Corliss on
Judy Zappacosta wrote:
> Is there freeware that will blur just a selected portion of a digial
> photograph?

Just about every freeware image editing program available has some kind
of blur tool. Either that, or you can select a portion of an image and
run a Gaussian blur on it. Have you even looked around?

Then there's always swirling.... 80)>

--
John Corliss BS206. Because of all the Googlespam, I block all posts
sent through Google Groups. I also block as many posts from anonymous

No ad, CD, commercial, cripple, demo, nag, share, spy, time-limited,
trial or web wares OR warez for me, please. Adobe Flash sucks, DivX rules.
From: Ofnuts on
On 29/04/2010 12:42, bugbear wrote:
> Judy Zappacosta wrote:
>> Is there freeware that will blur just a selected portion of a digial
>> photograph?
>
> Yes. Gimp.
>
> Make selection
> filter->blur
>
> BugBear

Add a selection/feather before the blur for a softer transition :-)
--
Bertrand