From: io_x on
can the function

BOOL GetOpenFileName(
LPOPENFILENAME lpofn // address of structure with initialization data
);

return not only existing files but existing directories too?

From: Gunnar on
> can the function
>
> BOOL GetOpenFileName(
> LPOPENFILENAME lpofn // address of structure with initialization data
> );
>
> return not only existing files but existing directories too?

nope. However, I know an application that sets the file name to "Filename
will be ignored" and just uses the chosen directory. But why don't you use
SHBrowseForFolder() ?

From: Dee Earley on
On 22/07/2010 19:02, io_x wrote:
> can the function
>
> BOOL GetOpenFileName(
> LPOPENFILENAME lpofn // address of structure with initialization data
> );
>
> return not only existing files but existing directories too?

Not natively, but I have seen some apps that modify the standard one
(presumable via the hooks) to allow selecting of folders too.

You may want to check the source for WinMerge to see how it does it.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems