From: vsevolod afanassiev on
I was trying to install 11gR2 on AIX and couldn't find option for
Custom installation.
The Installer allows to choose Enterprise Edition (7.09 GB), Standard
Edition (6 GB),
or Standard Edition One (also 6 GB). In earlier versions I used Custom
option to remove things like Enterprise Manager and to minimize size
of the installation (keep it around 2 GB). But with 11gR2 it looks
like 10 GB filesystem isn't big enough for Oracle software...
From: John Hurley on
vsevolod:

> I was trying to install 11gR2 on AIX and couldn't find option for
> Custom installation.
> The Installer allows to choose Enterprise Edition (7.09 GB), Standard
> Edition (6 GB),
> or Standard Edition One (also 6 GB). In earlier versions I used Custom
> option to remove things like Enterprise Manager and to minimize size
> of the installation (keep it around 2 GB). But with 11gR2 it looks
> like 10 GB filesystem isn't big enough for Oracle software...

I have not tried 11.2 yet ... did you look at the installation guide?

From the free oracle documentation there should be both a quick
install guide and a comprehensive install guide ... the custom install
should be documented in comprehensive quide.