From: Virus Guy on
Is this Kris Kaspersky's website?

http://nezumi-lab.org/blog/?page_id=2

I was following the last blog on that site pertaining to
reverse-engineering a PDF / SWF exploit back in July 2009 when the
postings on that subject just stopped, and there have been no new
additions to that site ever since. I was clearing out my old bookmarkes
and went back to have a look, then I became interested in just who this
guy is (did he die or something?).

http://nezumi-lab.org/blog/?m=200907

"I will write about the real SWF exploit tomorrow."

Except that tomorrow never came.

He says he published several books, and I plugged the first on the list
into google, and according to amazon, the auther is Kris Kaspersky. Is
this the same Kaspersky responsible for the AV software by the same
name?
From: FromTheRafters on

"Virus Guy" <Virus(a)Guy.com> wrote in message
> Is this Kris Kaspersky's website?
>
> http://nezumi-lab.org/blog/?page_id=2
>
> I was following the last blog on that site pertaining to
> reverse-engineering a PDF / SWF exploit back in July 2009 when the
> postings on that subject just stopped, and there have been no new
> additions to that site ever since. I was clearing out my old
> bookmarkes
> and went back to have a look, then I became interested in just who
> this
> guy is (did he die or something?).
>
> http://nezumi-lab.org/blog/?m=200907
>
> "I will write about the real SWF exploit tomorrow."
>
> Except that tomorrow never came.
>
> He says he published several books, and I plugged the first on the
> list
> into google, and according to amazon, the auther is Kris Kaspersky.
> Is
> this the same Kaspersky responsible for the AV software by the same
> name?

That would be Eugene Kaspersky.

From: Virus Guy on
harryc(a)rwoeerq.com wrote:

> It'll take someone more brave - or more foolish, than me to click
> on that link.

Or someone with more experience here in this newsgroup (who know what I
post),

Or, failing that, someone with more faith in their browser or the OS
they run on their system.

If you're running some NT-based OS, then I can understand why you fear
the web...
From: David Kaye on
Virus Guy <Virus(a)Guy.com> wrote:

>http://nezumi-lab.org/blog/?m=200907
>
>"I will write about the real SWF exploit tomorrow."
>
>Except that tomorrow never came.

Well, he did arrive here in San Francisco a month earlier and said that his
dream came true. San Francisco has a hypnotic effect on people. They lose
all sense of time and place. They sometimes totally change careers, even. I
knew a biologist who had always dreamed of opening a bakery. He did.

Pages: 1
Prev: Drug raids
Next: So is PhysX-mod-1.03.rar a virus?