From: Lostgallifreyan on
http://bursonaudio.com/burson_opamp.htm
http://www.audioenz.co.nz/forums/archive/index.php/t-5625.html

Don't ask me how I bumped into those while Googling for a few bits of info on
audio op-amps, I just wish I hadn't, and want to spread the pain. >:)
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

Lostgallifreyan wrote:

> http://bursonaudio.com/burson_opamp.htm
> http://www.audioenz.co.nz/forums/archive/index.php/t-5625.html
>
> Don't ask me how I bumped into those while Googling for a few bits of
info on audio op-amps, I just wish I hadn't, and want to spread the
pain. >:)

1. The AP THD meter has a floor of ~0.0008% THD for direct measurement.
Hence all measurements in vicinity of 0.001% are going to be vastly
inaccurate; unless with a special test setup using passive filters.

2. The state of the art is ~0.00005% THD in the audible band. They claim
0.001% which is really not any distinguished result.

3. Practicality: I am fine with 0.1% THD. However if somebody is willing
to pay money for 0.0001%, I will be glad to provide them the opportunity.

Vladimir Vassilevsky
DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant
http://www.abvolt.com
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

From: Lostgallifreyan on
Ian Bell <ruffrecords(a)yahoo.com> wrote in

> Lostgallifreyan wrote:
>> http://bursonaudio.com/burson_opamp.htm
>> http://www.audioenz.co.nz/forums/archive/index.php/t-5625.html
>>
>> Don't ask me how I bumped into those while Googling for a few bits of
>> info on audio op-amps, I just wish I hadn't, and want to spread the
>> pain.>:)
>
> It's Patrick Turner in disguise, making a fast buck from the audiophools
> so he can fund his tube work ;-)

I don't know who that is, but I notice they're in the same part of the world
�^O
Maybe they need a dose of Phil Allisons's methods of correction to stun them
into a bit of technical rigour. He might be able to reach them better than
most can. :)
From: Lostgallifreyan on
George Herold <gherold(a)teachspin.com> wrote in news:f992e68a-dd73-43af-a809-
babebf18dfe1(a)b35g2000yqi.googlegroups.com:

> On Jul 12, 1:33�pm, Lostgallifreyan <no-...(a)nowhere.net> wrote:
>> http://bursonaudio.com/burson_opamp.htmhttp://www.audioenz.co.nz/forums/a
> rchive/index.php/t-5625.html
>>
>> Don't ask me how I bumped into those while Googling for a few bits of inf
> o on
>> audio op-amps, I just wish I hadn't, and want to spread the pain. >:)
>
> I'm reminded of looking for good low dissipation caps. I heard that
> teflon were the best, but the only teflon caps I could find were used
> by audio types. There was one or two sites that said for best
> performance you had to condition the caps by feeding them Gaussian
> white noise for one month before using them!

Nice. For these things I think I need to wire my brain into some kind of
hypersensitive bridge and a centred analog meter movement with a scale that
has 'Laugh' written on one end, and 'Cry' on the other.