From: LESM on
Doum,

If you like music and listen regularly to your iPod and own a lot of
music in your computer, even if you don�t buy music from iTunes, you
need iTunes. But, if you don't like music very much, then you don�t
need neither the Ipod nor iTunes. Just turn on your radio and you�ll be
happy.

More info: http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Cheers

From: Tom Willett on
Actually, if you want to simply manage the IPOD without using the ITunes
store, there are other applications that will do it.

Google and ye shall find.

"Doum" <me(a)domain.net> wrote in message
: Tim Slattery <Slattery_T(a)bls.gov> �crivait
: news:6ts3r5hnk00dtfv53d45q48pkct3jabil2(a)4ax.com:
:
: <snip>
: >

From: (PeteCresswell) on
Per Doum:
>Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you own an iPod from Apple, you need
>iTunes to manage it and to load your songs into it,

There are other products that will do that.

I'm not in love with iTunes, I've tried a few of the other
products and always come back to iTunes.
--
PeteCresswell