From: Tony on
I see that J K Defrag has been replaced my My Defrag - Is it still a good
defrag program or are there better ones?

Tony

From: Tony on

"Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]" <.@.> wrote in message
> >I see that J K Defrag has been replaced my My Defrag - Is it still a good
>>defrag program or are there better ones?
>>
>>Tony
>
> I'm still using JK Defrag. I have read of some bugginess in MyDefrag.
>
> - Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Thanks; I'll probably stick with it too.

Tony

From: Leythos on
In article <7aKdnf-9VqH6D-DWnZ2dnUVZ8iKdnZ2d(a)bt.com>,
TonyBattle(a)tesco.net says...

> I see that J K Defrag has been replaced my My Defrag - Is it still a good
> defrag program or are there better ones?
>
> Tony

Using MyDefrag on servers with scheduled runs, no problems on any of
them so far.

Trust yourself.
From: Tony on

"Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote in message
> In article <7aKdnf-9VqH6D-DWnZ2dnUVZ8iKdnZ2d(a)bt.com>,
> TonyBattle(a)tesco.net says...
>>
>> I see that J K Defrag has been replaced my My Defrag - Is it still a good
>> defrag program or are there better ones?
>>
>> Tony
>
> Using MyDefrag on servers with scheduled runs, no problems on any of
> them so far.

Thankyou; I'm still undecided but may give it a try. Mind you as J K Defrag
works fine why change it? Having said that I understand My Defrag has more
functionality.

Tony

Tony

From: VanguardLH on
Tony wrote:

> I see that J K Defrag has been replaced my My Defrag - Is it still a good
> defrag program or are there better ones?
>
> Tony

Assuming you are asking only about freeware:

JKdefrag
trialed it but found it no better than Windows' own defrag
switched to Defraggler
Piriform Defraggler
better and used it for a couple years
scheduled via Task Scheduler gives me good scheduling options
IObit's SmartDefrag
trialed it but found it less than optimal for defrag results
switched to Auslogics
Auslogics Disk Defrag
have stayed with that
have an event in Task Scheduler to run it via command-line

JKdefrag didn't give me any real advantage in its results.
IOBit's SmartDefrag was too simplistic and non-optimal
Piriform Defraggler is very good
Auslogic's Disk Defrag is better

If I find that I no longer like Auslogics then I'd go back to Defraggler.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Windows XP Quick Launch bar
Next: Network Print Issue