From: EJ on
Hi All,

I have around 80 active users on one of my Terminal Servers (WinServer2003),
all are running the jusched.exe process.

I have tried disabling the check via the Java icon in the control panel -
but this either isn't working at all, or just not globally.

I have tried searching the registry and deleting references to jusched.exe
but I didn't find many references - I would have expected a reference in
every user's 'Run' key.

Can anyone advise on the best way to stop the jusched.exe process from
running for every user?

Thanks in advance.

EJ

From: Rob on
EJ <ej(a)news.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have around 80 active users on one of my Terminal Servers (WinServer2003),
> all are running the jusched.exe process.
>
> I have tried disabling the check via the Java icon in the control panel -
> but this either isn't working at all, or just not globally.
>
> I have tried searching the registry and deleting references to jusched.exe
> but I didn't find many references - I would have expected a reference in
> every user's 'Run' key.

No it is in the system's Run key. SunJavaUpdateSched.

There are also some other registry keys that you can use to inhibit
this program should it be started for some reason.

$KEY="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Update\Policy"
$X=WriteValue($KEY,"EnableAutoUpdateCheck","0",REG_DWORD)
$X=WriteValue($KEY,"EnableJavaUpdate","0",REG_DWORD)
$X=WriteValue($KEY,"NotifyDownload","0",REG_DWORD)
$X=WriteValue($KEY,"NotifyInstall","0",REG_DWORD)

From: EJ on

"Rob" <nomail(a)example.com> wrote in message
> EJ <ej(a)news.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have around 80 active users on one of my Terminal Servers
>> (WinServer2003),
>> all are running the jusched.exe process.
>>
>> I have tried disabling the check via the Java icon in the control panel -
>> but this either isn't working at all, or just not globally.
>>
>> I have tried searching the registry and deleting references to
>> jusched.exe
>> but I didn't find many references - I would have expected a reference in
>> every user's 'Run' key.
>
> No it is in the system's Run key. SunJavaUpdateSched.
>
> There are also some other registry keys that you can use to inhibit
> this program should it be started for some reason.
>
> $KEY="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Update\Policy"
> $X=WriteValue($KEY,"EnableAutoUpdateCheck","0",REG_DWORD)
> $X=WriteValue($KEY,"EnableJavaUpdate","0",REG_DWORD)
> $X=WriteValue($KEY,"NotifyDownload","0",REG_DWORD)
> $X=WriteValue($KEY,"NotifyInstall","0",REG_DWORD)

Thank you very much, Rob!

Highly appreciated :)

EJ

From: Rob on
EJ <ej(a)news.com> wrote:

> "Rob" <nomail(a)example.com> wrote in message
>> EJ <ej(a)news.com> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I have around 80 active users on one of my Terminal Servers
>>> (WinServer2003),
>>> all are running the jusched.exe process.
>>>
>>> I have tried disabling the check via the Java icon in the control panel -
>>> but this either isn't working at all, or just not globally.
>>>
>>> I have tried searching the registry and deleting references to
>>> jusched.exe
>>> but I didn't find many references - I would have expected a reference in
>>> every user's 'Run' key.
>>
>> No it is in the system's Run key. SunJavaUpdateSched.
>>
>> There are also some other registry keys that you can use to inhibit
>> this program should it be started for some reason.
>>
>> $KEY="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Update\Policy"
>> $X=WriteValue($KEY,"EnableAutoUpdateCheck","0",REG_DWORD)
>> $X=WriteValue($KEY,"EnableJavaUpdate","0",REG_DWORD)
>> $X=WriteValue($KEY,"NotifyDownload","0",REG_DWORD)
>> $X=WriteValue($KEY,"NotifyInstall","0",REG_DWORD)
>
> Thank you very much, Rob!
>
> Highly appreciated :)

You may also want to do this:

%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\jqs -unregister

Gets rid of the "Java Quick Start" service....

All part of my unattended installation script... :-)