From: Jan Hough on
I am trying to run a jar file on Treo 650 (from www.MXit.co.za - a phone over ip application for
mobile phones). For some inexplicable reason the IBM Java VM (obtainable from palm.com) although
loaded in memory does not seem to be recognised. So I am thinking of converting the jar file to a
prc file. I cannot find the required jartoprc.exe or jartoprc_w.exe files. Can anyone help?
Jan
Cape Town
From: Jeffrey Kaplan on
It is alleged that Jan Hough claimed:

> I am trying to run a jar file on Treo 650 (from www.MXit.co.za - a phone over ip application for
> mobile phones). For some inexplicable reason the IBM Java VM (obtainable from palm.com) although

I've got to ask: Why?

The Treo 650 does not have wifi, so it's internet connection is via the
cellular network. What possible benefit would you get to use VOIP from
a Treo 650?

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #46.
If an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man
possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.
From: Harry Eugene Ly on
I'm not the original poster but if the person has unlimited data plan but
not an unlimited voice plan, it might make sense.

From: Jan Hough on
Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
> It is alleged that Jan Hough claimed:
>

>>I am trying to run a jar file on Treo 650 (from www.MXit.co.za - a phone over ip application for
>>mobile phones). For some inexplicable reason the IBM Java VM (obtainable from palm.com) although
>

> I've got to ask: Why?
>
> The Treo 650 does not have wifi, so it's internet connection is via the
> cellular network. What possible benefit would you get to use VOIP from
> a Treo 650?

GPRS data is MUCH cheaper than voice, especially when calling internationally.
Jan
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Per_R=F8nne?= on
Jan Hough <janhough(a)curie.uct.ac.za> wrote:

> Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
> > It is alleged that Jan Hough claimed:
> >

> >>I am trying to run a jar file on Treo 650 (from www.MXit.co.za - a phone
> >>over ip application for mobile phones). For some inexplicable reason the
> >>IBM Java VM (obtainable from palm.com) although
> >

> > I've got to ask: Why?
> >
> > The Treo 650 does not have wifi, so it's internet connection is via the
> > cellular network. What possible benefit would you get to use VOIP from
> > a Treo 650?
>
> GPRS data is MUCH cheaper than voice, especially when calling internationally.
> Jan

And Treo 650 supports EDGE which is even better than GPRS.
--
Per Erik R�nne
http://www.RQNNE.dk