From: mcessna on
[Environment]
Microsoft Excel 2007 SP2
Windows Vista SP2
IE 8

[Description of Problem]
I've been unable to create a pivot table in client-side JavaScript. In the
VS 2005 debugger the WorkBook.PivotCaches object doesn't even show up, and I
get the standard "object doesn't support this property or method" error
message when trying to access it.

[Example]

this.WorkBook.PivotCaches.Add(xlDatabase,
sPivotSourceName).CreatePivotTable("", sPivotTableName);

The same code works in VBScript:

this.WorkBook.PivotCaches.Add(xlDatabase, sPivotSourceName).CreatePivotTable
"", sPivotTableName

I could [not] find an example where PivotCaches could be accessed in
JavaScript, and I found one other person who had the same issue.

Is this a known issue? If so, does anyone know why it doesn't work?

Thanks

Regards,

Michael Cessna
From: Barb Reinhardt on
I've noe done the type of thing you are doing, but in native Excel, I've
always used

ThisWorkbook not This.Workbook

HTH,

Barb Reinhardt