From: Ry Nohryb on
On May 10, 5:27 pm, Johannes Baagoe <baa...(a)baagoe.com> wrote:
> Ry Nohryb :
>
> > For server-side JS there's :
> >https://wiki.mozilla.org/ServerJS/Existing_APIs
> >http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey//* Pure C! (but not too fast) */
> >http://code.google.com/p/v8//* Damn fast ! */
> >http://webkit.org/projects/javascript//* JavaScriptCore: Damn fast too!
> > ++Pure C API */
>
> Why "for server-side JS" ?

Hmmm. I guess I mean: not in-browser: the API they provide is !== that
the API that JS in a browser provides.
--
Jorge.
From: Johannes Baagoe on
Ry Nohryb :
> Johannes Baagoe :
>> Ry Nohryb :

>>> For server-side JS there's :
>>> https://wiki.mozilla.org/ServerJS/Existing_APIs
>>> http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey//* Pure C! (but not
>>> too fast) */ http://code.google.com/p/v8//* Damn fast ! */
>>> http://webkit.org/projects/javascript//* JavaScriptCore: Damn
>>> fast too! ++Pure C API */

>> Why "for server-side JS" ?

> Hmmm. I guess I mean: not in-browser: the API they provide is !==
> that the API that JS in a browser provides.

OK, as long as we don't forget that there are other applications than
Web servers and browsers :) Perhaps the best solution to the OP's
problem is a standalone application or a custom client that needs very
few of the functionalities of a full-fledged Web browser. Perhaps http,
html and the DOM are irrelevant.

Anyway, in addition to the links you provided, it may be worth the
trouble to take a look at http://live.gnome.org/Seed/

--
Johannes
From: Garrett Smith on
Teo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if it's possible to make C/C++ calls from
> javascript, compiled in a static or dynamic library and included, and
> in such a case how can I do that. Does someone know it? Thank you very
> much. Any help would be very appreciated.

It is possible to create an application that wraps Webkit and expose an
API to the script environment.

I do not have any experience doing that. You might try WebKit
documentation.

Apple changes the location of their documents pretty frequently, so no
saying how long that link will be good for, but if the link is bad, then
search for the title:
"Using JavaScript From Objective-C"

The document is found at a long, unmemorable URI from Apple and it may
have information for what you are looking to do:

<http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/DisplayWebContent/Tasks/JavaScriptFromObjC.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/30001214-BCIIEAFH>
--
Garrett