From: Tara on
Jeanette, thank you for your help. I thought of doing it the way you suggested initially, but talked myself out of it. Guess I should have trusted my instincts on this one. :-) I will go with what you suggest. It looks like a much better way of doing it.
Thank you,
Tara

Jeanette Cunningham wrote:

Setting up Yes/No fields for this is better avoided.
27-Jan-10

Setting up Yes/No fields for this is better avoided.
Create a table for InstallType.
tblInstallType
InstallTypeID - autonumber- Primary Key
InstallTypeName - description of the type

In the main table, put InstallTypeID as one of the fields.
In the relationships window with both the main table and the install type
table,
select InstallTypeID from tblInstallType and drag it onto the matching field
in the main table.

In the data entry screen you will have a field for the InstallTypeID. Make
this a combo.
The combo's row source will be a query based on tblInstallType.

So on the data entry screen, in the after update of the combo you can go
If Me.NameOfCombo = 1 Then
'contractor, code to display the contractor survey
Else
'code to display the in house survey
End If

The above assumes that 1 is the InstallTypeID for a contractor install.
You will use the value from your InstallType table.

You can also change the above slightly and make the InstallTypeID in the
table a text field and make it the primary key.
Doing it this way means you only need one field in the table and the values
for InstallTypeID would be Contractor, and the next row would be Inhouse.
it is up to you which way you do it.

Content Director Test Article
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b8fcf962-1b69-4593-a46f-e92ac7a4593f/content-director-test-art.aspx

Pages: 1