From: Slartibartfast on
Hey,

I stumbled across CML again on Jeff Ledger's boards today, I hadn't
paid
much attention to it back when it started (shame on me).

Reading through the forum though, I was impressed with how much
potential
CML has. It could give a full multimedia web experience catered to the
c64,
with a standard webserver backend serving the pages. All kinds of web
apps
could be made that take advantage of CML and the c64.

Anyways, I am intrigued, but unfortunately the CML project seems to
have
died. The site is now gone, all that is left is the forum.

I'm very keen to do something with CML, as a c64 coder and
professional web
designer and developer I'm sure I could contribute greatly.

So does anyone know what's happened to CML? And does anyone out there
have a
copy of CML? I'm sure someone must have a copy around somewhere.

Cheers,

Damian
From: Slartibartfast on
On Jun 19, 3:57 pm, Slartibartfast <idigi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I stumbled across CML again on Jeff Ledger's boards today, I hadn't
> paid
> much attention to it back when it started (shame on me).
>
> Reading through the forum though, I was impressed with how much
> potential
> CML has. It could give a full multimedia web experience catered to the
> c64,
> with a standard webserver backend serving the pages. All kinds of web
> apps
> could be made that take advantage of CML and the c64.
>
> Anyways, I am intrigued, but unfortunately the CML project seems to
> have
> died. The site is now gone, all that is left is the forum.
>
> I'm very keen to do something with CML, as a c64 coder and
> professional web
> designer and developer I'm sure I could contribute greatly.
>
> So does anyone know what's happened to CML? And does anyone out there
> have a
> copy of CML? I'm sure someone must have a copy around somewhere.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Damian

I realise it's been three years since any updates, but the concept
does have a lot of potential. Surely someone must have a copy? It's a
project worth reviving I think.
From: Jonno Downes on
On Jun 20, 9:56 am, Slartibartfast <idigi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 19, 3:57 pm, Slartibartfast <idigi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hey,
>
> > I stumbled across CML again on Jeff Ledger's boards today, I hadn't
> > paid
> > much attention to it back when it started (shame on me).
>
> > Reading through the forum though, I was impressed with how much
> > potential
> > CML has. It could give a full multimedia web experience catered to the
> > c64,
> > with a standard webserver backend serving the pages. All kinds of web
> > apps
> > could be made that take advantage of CML and the c64.
>
> > Anyways, I am intrigued, but unfortunately the CML project seems to
> > have
> > died. The site is now gone, all that is left is the forum.
>
> > I'm very keen to do something with CML, as a c64 coder and
> > professional web
> > designer and developer I'm sure I could contribute greatly.
>
> > So does anyone know what's happened to CML? And does anyone out there
> > have a
> > copy of CML? I'm sure someone must have a copy around somewhere.
>
> > Cheers,
>
> > Damian
>
> I realise it's been three years since any updates, but the concept
> does have a lot of potential. Surely someone must have a copy? It's a
> project worth reviving I think.

I'm newish here, so this is the first I've heard of CML but am
certainly intrigued. Having said that, if you're into C64 / web stuff,
you may be interested in some of the stuff I've done under the
'netboot65' banner ( http://netboot65.sourceforge.net/ ) in particular
the 'Kipper API' ( http://netboot65.sourceforge.net/kipper_api_technical_reference.doc
) which lets you do build c64 web apps as html with embedded 6502 m/l
- the docs could definately be improved but you can check out the
'proof of concept' app called WebNoter at http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=90087

From: Slartibartfast on
On Jun 20, 2:53 pm, Jonno Downes <jonno...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 20, 9:56 am, Slartibartfast <idigi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jun 19, 3:57 pm, Slartibartfast <idigi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hey,
>
> > > I stumbled across CML again on Jeff Ledger's boards today, I hadn't
> > > paid
> > > much attention to it back when it started (shame on me).
>
> > > Reading through the forum though, I was impressed with how much
> > > potential
> > > CML has. It could give a full multimedia web experience catered to the
> > > c64,
> > > with a standard webserver backend serving the pages. All kinds of web
> > > apps
> > > could be made that take advantage of CML and the c64.
>
> > > Anyways, I am intrigued, but unfortunately the CML project seems to
> > > have
> > > died. The site is now gone, all that is left is the forum.
>
> > > I'm very keen to do something with CML, as a c64 coder and
> > > professional web
> > > designer and developer I'm sure I could contribute greatly.
>
> > > So does anyone know what's happened to CML? And does anyone out there
> > > have a
> > > copy of CML? I'm sure someone must have a copy around somewhere.
>
> > > Cheers,
>
> > > Damian
>
> > I realise it's been three years since any updates, but the concept
> > does have a lot of potential. Surely someone must have a copy? It's a
> > project worth reviving I think.
>
> I'm newish here, so this is the first I've heard of CML but am
> certainly intrigued. Having said that, if you're into C64 / web stuff,
> you may be interested in some of the stuff I've done under the
> 'netboot65' banner (http://netboot65.sourceforge.net/) in particular
> the 'Kipper API' (http://netboot65.sourceforge.net/kipper_api_technical_reference.doc
> ) which lets you do build c64 web apps as html with embedded 6502 m/l
> - the docs could definately be improved but you can check out the
> 'proof of concept' app called WebNoter athttp://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=90087

Wow that looks awesome Jonno! :)

Possibly perfect for what I'm contemplating, a c64 web that makes the
most of what the c64 can do, not what it can't do. I mean very basic
web browsing on the c64 is all well and good (and big ups to soci for
making a browser that parses css), but so much more could be possible
without the restraints of trying to parse html.

Imagine online apps like HVSC or Gamebase64, basic chat, PETSCII
goodness, music, demo effects, it could be pretty nifty.

I won't be able to play with it until my 1541UII gets here though, who
knows how long that will take. In the meantime I'll get my head into
those comprehensive API docs :)

Cheers,

Damian
From: Slartibartfast on
On Jun 20, 3:13 pm, Slartibartfast <idigi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 20, 2:53 pm, Jonno Downes <jonno...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I realise it's been three years since any updates, but the concept
> > > does have a lot of potential. Surely someone must have a copy? It's a
> > > project worth reviving I think.
>
> > I'm newish here, so this is the first I've heard of CML but am
> > certainly intrigued. Having said that, if you're into C64 / web stuff,
> > you may be interested in some of the stuff I've done under the
> > 'netboot65' banner (http://netboot65.sourceforge.net/) in particular
> > the 'Kipper API' (http://netboot65.sourceforge.net/kipper_api_technical_reference.doc
> > ) which lets you do build c64 web apps as html with embedded 6502 m/l
> > - the docs could definately be improved but you can check out the
> > 'proof of concept' app called WebNoter athttp://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=90087
>
> Wow that looks awesome Jonno! :)
>
> Possibly perfect for what I'm contemplating, a c64 web that makes the
> most of what the c64 can do, not what it can't do. I mean very basic
> web browsing on the c64 is all well and good (and big ups to soci for
> making a browser that parses css), but so much more could be possible
> without the restraints of trying to parse html.
>
> Imagine online apps like HVSC or Gamebase64, basic chat, PETSCII
> goodness, music, demo effects, it could be pretty nifty.
>
> I won't be able to play with it until my 1541UII gets here though, who
> knows how long that will take. In the meantime I'll get my head into
> those comprehensive API docs :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Damian

er, I meant render html ;)