From: Sam on
Sice I got no more reactions on my previous post: Need some help with
a cartridge.

data (a game) from the Eprom to Ram and executes it with jmp $0816
(SYS2070) who is the start address of the game.The game is starting
with the openingscreen. You have to puss the firebutton of joy 2 to go
on.

When I do that, the C64 returns to the blue basic screen with "READY.
I have to"enter "SYS2072" to go on.

When I change the start address in the copy routine on the cartridge
to $0810 off course the game doesn't start. But after that I only have
to give "RUN" and it works fine.

Any suggestions ??

Regards, SAM
From: Joe Forster/STA on
> Sice I got no more reactions on my previous post: Need some help with
> a cartridge.

Try simulating the RUN command; see its code in the C64 KERNAL.

By the way, bumping your post won't get you further. Actually, bumping
is considered against the rules on many (moderated) forums.
From: Sam on
On 18 jun, 23:33, "Joe Forster/STA" <s...(a)c64.org> wrote:

> Try simulating the RUN command; see its code in the C64 KERNAL.

Hello Joe,

I was thinking about that, but where in the code do I implement that
command ?

> By the way, bumping your post won't get you further. Actually, bumping
> is considered against the rules on many (moderated) forums.

I know Joe, but my previous post ended in a quarrel between two
Italian guys..

Best regards, SAM
From: Sam on
On 18 jun, 23:33, "Joe Forster/STA" <s...(a)c64.org> wrote:

> Try simulating the RUN command; see its code in the C64 KERNAL.

JOE !!!!

Got it working now. Thanks for your suggestion !

And also thanks to iAN for the disassembling of the code (See previous
post) who was very very helpfull for me. I have studied it for a long
time and after that I understand more and more what is going on.

Instead of the jmp $0810 (4C 10 08) to the start address, I've placed
jsr $A659 (20 59 A6) and after that jmp $A7AE (4C AE A7)...
$A659 is the location of the kernal's RUN command and $A7AE executes
it...

I've tried the RUN command before but forgot that a execute is
needed..

Best regards, SAM
From: Nick on
> When I change the start address in the copy routine on the cartridge
> to $0810 off course the game doesn't start. But after that I only have
> to give "RUN" and it works fine.

Its been a while since I tried this sort of thing, but I used to stuff
the keyboard buffer then end from the ML (warm basic start). The RUN
would be typed and the program execute. I never worked out how to do
it from ML, though you supposed to be abled to...

Cheers,
Nick