From: Mladen Gogala on
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 14:16:47 +0200, Robert Klemme wrote:

> Or maybe that interface is just too infrequently used. I guess many
> applications that need to run on Linux will either use JDBC or OCI. Do
> you think this is a wrong assumption?

I use ODBC on Windows to access the database from MS-Office and
OpenOffice. I was using ODBC on Linux to access the database from the
OpenOffice suite. There are applications on Linux which use ODBC
interface. Being just a DBA, I have no clue how frequently are they used.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 05:32:43 -0700, Andreas Piesk wrote:

> On 24 Okt., 07:25, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> BTW, did anybody manage to successfully install the latest Tora on
>> CentOS 5.x or RH EL 5.x?
>
> yes, i did. i have tora-2.1.1svn running on RHEL5.4.
>
> -ap

I was able to install 2.1.0 RPM after installing qt-4.5 but not 2.1.1.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com
From: Andreas Piesk on
On 24 Okt., 20:01, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 05:32:43 -0700, Andreas Piesk wrote:
> > On 24 Okt., 07:25, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> BTW, did anybody manage to successfully install the latest Tora on
> >> CentOS 5.x or RH EL 5.x?
>
> > yes, i did. i have tora-2.1.1svn running on RHEL5.4.
>
> I was able to install 2.1.0 RPM after installing qt-4.5 but not 2.1.1.

what errors did you get?
i can send you my spec file, source rpm or binary rpm if you want it.
for building from source you need the latest cmake.

-ap

From: Mladen Gogala on
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:14:30 -0700, Andreas Piesk wrote:

> what errors did you get?
> i can send you my spec file, source rpm or binary rpm if you want it.
> for building from source you need the latest cmake.

I was building it from the source, using qt-4.5.2.0.1, it was complaining
about an undefined function. I was able to install tora-2.1.0 though. The
dependency on Qscintilla is quite annoying, it isn't being shipped with
the OS any more and it taints the QT package.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com
From: Gerard H. Pille on
Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 15:14:30 -0700, Andreas Piesk wrote:
>

>> what errors did you get?
>> i can send you my spec file, source rpm or binary rpm if you want it.
>> for building from source you need the latest cmake.
>
> I was building it from the source, using qt-4.5.2.0.1, it was complaining
> about an undefined function. I was able to install tora-2.1.0 though. The
> dependency on Qscintilla is quite annoying, it isn't being shipped with
> the OS any more and it taints the QT package.

I always built it with an option "--without-kde" or something like that, because of a bug in the
editor. No KDE, no QT i'd guess.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: RMAN-06025