From: Chris on
Exchange 2003 SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP2 using MAPI mode. A user found that
she doesn't have Junk E-mails folder in her mailbox. I finally found it
under the Outbox. Don't understand why it went there since it can't be
moved. Now, how to put it back? I don't think it should be in the Outbox.
As I said I can't move it or delete it.

Thanks.
From: Chris on
Correction: Outlook 2003 SP3.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Chris" <Chris(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I tried both and not working. I don't think the Junk E-mails folder can
> be moved a all. Could be a view issue? Tried different view, no luck.

Did you try the /resetfoldernames comman switch?

With Outlook Web Access you can do things with folders that Outlook won't let
you do, including relocate the default folders. Could this problem have been
caused by using OWA? If so, try correcting it in OWA.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Chris on
I tried to move in OWA but got "access denied". I also tried to run
outlook.exe /resetfolders. No change. Do you think moving mailbox might fix
it? BTW. Could it cause any problem if I just leave it there under Outbox?

Thanks for your advice

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

>I tried to move in OWA but got "access denied". I also tried to run
> outlook.exe /resetfolders. No change. Do you think moving mailbox might
> fix
> it? BTW. Could it cause any problem if I just leave it there under Outbox?

I'd enlist the Exchange admins to see if they could fix it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]