From: David Nebenzahl on
On 7/6/2010 11:35 AM klem kedidelhopper spake thus:

[note message TRIMMING]

> My all time favorite was the peanut butter and bannana sandwich that
> someone left in a VCR. (Problem: the tape wouldn't load)....I always
> appreciated the snack. Lenny

I guess that's going way beyond the concept of the "cup holder" to a
"sandwich storage compartment", eh?

From: b on
On 6 jul, 13:21, "N_Cook" <dive...(a)tcp.co.uk> wrote:

> My favourite was finding an insect cocoon built into the optics section of a
> Philips AZ1101 and a micro-facetted (fittingly the delicate tracery looked
> as though it was part of the optics) piece of insect wing precisely in-line
> of the optical path from the laser to the mirror system.

I had this exact thing earlier this year! I was working on an AIWA
system which would not read discs. was about to toss it aside when I
noticed some dirt near the laser . After carefully removing the lens
there was some kind of dead insect blocking the beam path - removed,
cleaned up, reassembled and worked fine!
why it chose precisely the most precision-made heart of the machine to
live in is beyond me...
-B
From: William Sommerwerck on
> I had this exact thing earlier this year! I was working on
> an AIWA system which would not read discs. I was about
> to toss it aside when I noticed some dirt near the laser.
> After carefully removing the lens there was some kind of
> dead insect blocking the beam path -- removed, cleaned
> up, reassembled and worked fine! Why it chose precisely
> the most precision-made heart of the machine to live in
> is beyond me...

Good taste? The desire to live in an upscale community?

From: Michael A. Terrell on

David Nebenzahl wrote:

> On 7/6/2010 11:35 AM klem kedidelhopper spake thus:
>
> [note message TRIMMING]
>
> > My all time favorite was the peanut butter and bannana sandwich that
> > someone left in a VCR. (Problem: the tape wouldn't load)....I always
> > appreciated the snack. Lenny
>
> I guess that's going way beyond the concept of the "cup holder" to a
> "sandwich storage compartment", eh?

There was a credit card commercial about things they covered,
including some kid shoving a peanut butter & jelly sandwich into a VCR.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
From: klem kedidelhopper on
On Jul 7, 8:38 am, Meat Plow <mhyw...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 10:03:28 +1000, Franc Zabkar
> <fzab...(a)iinternode.on.net>wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 13:21:03 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <mhyw...(a)yahoo.com>
> >put finger to keyboard and composed:
>
> >>I once found a live rodent inside an old RCA radio/turntable console.
>
> >He supplies the motive force for the turntable. Kinda like the
> >Flintstones ...
>
> >- Franc Zabkar
>
> Damn, no wonder the TT styoped working after he escaped. I could never
> figure that one out. Time to go to Pets-R-Us to look for a suitable
> replacement. Might even check into a hamster as they live longer.

Well at least you can still get spare parts for it.....