From: dmarklinger on

Like a few questions before this one, the 'HID non-user input data filter'
updates {2 of them} seem to fail. I did hide them, but now it seems the 2 USB
ports on the outside of my tower, no longer work! The 2 on the back of the
tower work: they have an optical keyoboard and a printer...both work.
When I use devmgmt.msc and disable them, nothing. Then I enable and 'scan
for hardware changes', and it seems to put them 'back', but then says there's
an error with the ''HID non-user input data filter' again?
So I guess I need the fixes, but...! Someone says earlier to check with the
vendor re drivers, but who's the vendor? The USBs came installed!?
From: Shenan Stanley on
dmarklinger wrote:
> Like a few questions before this one, the 'HID non-user input data
> filter' updates {2 of them} seem to fail. I did hide them, but now
> it seems the 2 USB ports on the outside of my tower, no longer
> work! The 2 on the back of the tower work: they have an optical
> keyoboard and a printer...both work.
> When I use devmgmt.msc and disable them, nothing. Then I enable and
> 'scan for hardware changes', and it seems to put them 'back', but
> then says there's an error with the ''HID non-user input data
> filter' again?
> So I guess I need the fixes, but...! Someone says earlier to check
> with the vendor re drivers, but who's the vendor? The USBs came
> installed!?

Hardware issues with drivers?

Get the latest motherboard chipset drivers for your computer form the
manufatcuer's web page - not Microsoft.

BTW - you missed a number in the KB######...

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP