From: Tom Small on
Hi,

We use Tivoli to do remote pushing and installation of software to PCs, and
the PCs are already loaded with WinXP SP3, DotNet Framework 1.0, DotNet
Framework 2.0, and DotNet Framework 3.0. Tivoli will not perform an
unattended install of DotNet Framework 3.5 SP1. It fails and the error logs
say:
"DISSE0198I User program exit code: 1603
RGB9RAST -- Installation failed
RGB Rast: [2] Error: Installation failed for component RGB Rast. MSI
returned error code 1603"
I am using the parameters "/q /norestart"

However if I log in to one of the PCs and manually run the Installation
Files dumped there by Tivoli, after removing the "/q" , it starts off with
this in the installation window--"
"Download complete. You can now disconnect from the internet."
and continues to successfully install.

Can anyone suggest how to do an unattended remote install of DotNet
Framework 3.5 SP1

Thanks.
Any help much appreciated.

--
Tom Small
Middlesex University
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Windows Update has nothing to do with this.

You will find support for .NET Framework in these forums:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/netdevelopment