From: Michael on
WHAT THE H[AE]CK ?

I can't believe this :)

Because of your last post I went to check PreInstall, and as I said it was
just a file instead of a directory.
Then I thought I'd see what would happen when I removed it. So I renamed it
to Preinstall.old, ran the upgrade, and... whaddayaknow... It just ran
flawlessly.
This must be the weirdest Windows problem I've had in a while :)

MowGreen, thank you very, very much for the input; I really appreciate it!
Now I'm gonna run all updates I can get -- YaY! :)

Michael.

-- Ticket closed -- :D

"Michael" schreef in bericht news:460265ca$0$326$e4fe514c(a)news.xs4all.nl...
> > Can you check to ensure that there is a spmsg.dll.ref located in
> > C:\WINDOWS\System32\PreInstall\WinSE\wxp_x86_0413_v1\
> No I can't :)
> When I browse into C:\Windows\System32, there is a PreInstall there, but
it
> is a file (!) not a directory.
>
> > Is this XP Home or Pro
> It's the Home edition.
>
> > how is the system partitioned [what is the drive
> > letter where %windir% is located]
> The system is partitioned as follows:
> 1. 21 GB FAT32 partition, bootable, Windows is installed here. In
> windows, this is C:
> 2. 9 GB EXT3 partition, Linux is installed here (not visible in
Windows)

From: MowGreen [MVP] on
Dude ... Nice work !! You're mowst welcome. Have some suds on me and get
those updates installed :)

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten