From: uncle beer on
HALLLLOOOOOOO:

One of you MVPs: this .net non-update problem seems pretty widespread.
It's obviously a problem in one or another MS product. How about one of you
valuable helpers cluing MS into this ongoing, widespread problem, so a fix
can be formulated?

Just a suggestion.

Yours truly,
Uncle Beer

From: WayneB on
The following solved my update problem.
Go and delete this regkey:
Start >run>regedit: Select the following
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT>InstallerProducts>DDE7F2BCF1D91C3409CFF425AE1E271A].
Right click and delete this key.

Then setup .NET 1.1 > .NET 1.1 SP1 > .NET 1.1 SP1 Update: after the setup
of net1.1 whenever I tried to install net1.1 SP 1, I got a meggage telling me
net1.1 had already been installed. "Do you want to reinstall" choose yes.
After completion of this install reboot and you will be able to update
successfully as I did.

From: mkaone on
Hi WayneB, thanks for the info. Can you please explain what you mean by "Then
setup .NET 1.1 > .NET 1.1 SP1 > .NET 1.1 SP1 Update: after the setup
> of net1.1 whenever I tried to install net1.1 SP 1,"

Do you mean you just did a windows update & did the net 1.1 update?
Thanks so much for your help
mkaone

"WayneB" wrote:

> The following solved my update problem.
> Go and delete this regkey:
> Start >run>regedit: Select the following
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT>InstallerProducts>DDE7F2BCF1D91C3409CFF425AE1E271A].
> Right click and delete this key.
>
> Then setup .NET 1.1 > .NET 1.1 SP1 > .NET 1.1 SP1 Update: after the setup
> of net1.1 whenever I tried to install net1.1 SP 1, I got a meggage telling me
> net1.1 had already been installed. "Do you want to reinstall" choose yes.
> After completion of this install reboot and you will be able to update
> successfully as I did.
>

> "mkaone" wrote:
>
> > Hello, I keep getting windows update KB886903, It wants to download & install
> > every time I start my computer. I have xp pro with sp2
> > I can't install and I keep getting this. It comes up with this message
> > Fatal Execution Engine Error(0x7927e033)
> > Security update
> > Microsoft .NET framework, Version 1.1 servicepack 1 (KB886903)
> > Process id=0x394
> > Thread id= 0x74(116)
> >
> > PLeas help and thanks in advance for all help
> > mka
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: 8007005 error message