From: antioch on
On Sunday 25Nov, the little yellow shield popped up - clicked on it and
there was KB922760 on offer.
Looked in Add/Remove, there was KB922760, along with the other criticals I
installed on 15Nov from their respective download sites, one at a time,
off-line, AV etc all turned off/disabled - no problems experienced.
Did a WU to the Home Page - selected Custom and the only thing on offer was
KB922760.
Clicked on 'Details....... and the window popped up showing a published date
of 21Nov????
Clicked on this link

Which took me to the MS Bulletin MS06-067 with a published date of 14Nov.
I have looked through the group and cannot see a report of this KB being
re-offered - plenty cannot install it.
Is this a fix/patch for the original one I downloaded on 15Nov?
I can find nothing in MS re any article for MS06-067 being published on
21Nov.
I can uninstall from Add/Remove - no warnings re an uninstall effecting
other updates.
OR I could just but it in the 'Hidden' folder in MSU Home.
There may be another alternative of course....
Rgds
Antioch

From: MowGreen [MVP] on
It has not been reissued. Best bet to determine why it's being reoffered
is to go over the file list on the MS Sec Bulletin MS06-067 page,
Antioch. (They're under Security Update Information)
Also, check the file list in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows
XP\SP3\KB922760\Filelist

It is possible that one of the .dll files either did not get updated or
did not register properly.
You can compare the file list with the installation log ... the
KB922760.log located in WINDOWS.

Check the files on the system vs the ones listed on the Sec Bulletin page
If they differ, compare the files that were installed in the KB log
against the ones listed on the Sec Bulletin page.

OR, just uninstall it from ARP and manually download the update from -

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=EA3CE61C-3A28-4777-9EEF-1486BB483C4F
(For IE6 on SP2)

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

From: MowGreen [MVP] on
Weird ... I answered this yesterday and the post never showed up ?
Here's another attempt .....

From: antioch on
Hello Mow
Apologies for the length - felt it important to detail what has been done.
Yes, your first response did get through to me @ 23:06 GMT 29 Nov.
I have only just picked up your replies.
Being a complete idiot and terrified of Registry, I did however summon up
the courage to enter Reg and at the place to which you directed me, under
the file list it showed a stream of numbers from 0-56incl. In the right
hand section there was
entered 'default REG_SZ (Value not set)
I thought that does not sound right. Tried to follow your further advice,
re comparing but I may have got lost.
I went to the MS bulletin and read the security update and printed out the
list of file attributes under the heading 'file information'. I guess that
is the place you suggested. This showed two sets of ID files with Folder
names of SP2GRD and SP2QFE.
An hour later(I kid not)I went to C:Windows\Shf_migs - opened this folder -
then opened the KB922760 folder - then opened the SP2QFE one(there was no
SP2GDR showing)
and noted that all the .dll corresponded with those on the MS file info list
I printed.
Prior to doing this, more for the reason to gain knowledge then any other, I
did look in the notepad for KB922760, and there were error entries and at
the end there was something re Isreboot for filequeue .dllfiles
delayed:reboot required????
Since uninstall and reinstall, this notepad appears to show the same info -
certainly errors and the .dll delayed.
Howsomever, I went back to MSU Home and did NOT get the offer of KB922760 -
Great!
As I am typing this, up pops that bloody shield again - no it is not that KB
but another I installed on 15 Nov - this time it is KB920213.
Now I cannot get that stupid nursery rhyme about going round a mulberry bush
out of my head(I know you cant fix that).

From: Ottmar Freudenberger on
"antioch" <antioch(a)home.com> schrieb:

> Is this a fix/patch for the original one I downloaded on 15Nov?

No, KB922760 hasn't been rerelased.

Have a look into the KB922760.log file to be found in your Windows
folder.

You don't have moved your Program Files folder onto another partition,
do you?

You did not install IE7 and decided to uninstall it afterwards, did you?

Bye,
Freudi