From: MowGreen on
slobrian wrote:
> Okay, it is now 3/7/2010& as far as I can tell Microsoft is just a little behind in solving this issue - I still cannot find a solution. I continue to get the same error message 0x643 with the update KB953297. I would appreciate an actual answer vs sending me all over the place looking for one.

* No one in this newsgroup works for nor represents Microsoft *

MS09-061: Description of the security update for the Microsoft .NET
Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1: October 13, 2009
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953297

* KNOWN ISSUES *

For more information about installation issues with this update, click
the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft
Knowledge Base:
923100 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100/ ) When you try to
install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, or 3.5, you
may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows Installer error
code "1603"

Have you read the above yet ? If yes and it did not resolve the
installation failure. From: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953297

" How to obtain help and support for this security update

in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local
Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the
Microsoft International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by
visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552

For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
through your usual support contacts. "

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten