From: bhb192 on
This update requires installation every time I run windows update, or even if
I leave automatic updates turned on. This is not an update that requires a
restart so it will start asking to be installed again right after I just
installed it, even though windows update says it was successful! I've cleared
the windows update cache and reset some of the DLLs using regsvr32. How do I
completely eradicate this update from my computer and fix anything associated
with this update so that it can install properly?!

Update for Windows XP (KB955759)
Date last published: 12/8/2009
An issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated remote
attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help
protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
install this update, you may have to restart your system.
System Requirements
Recommended CPU: Not specified.
Recommended memory: Not specified.
Recommended hard disk space: Not specified.
How to Uninstall
This software update can be removed via Add or Remove Programs in Control
Panel.
Get help and support
http://support.microsoft.com
More information

From: MowGreen on
First, run the Fixit on this page to unregister the Indeo codec:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954157
IF you are prompted to install KB955795 again, UNcheck the box next to
it after clicking the Update icon in the Notification area and click OK.
In the next window that appears, put a check mark in the box next to
" Do not offer these updates to me again " and click OK.
That will hide the update which will not be needed *IF* you run the
unregister Fixit.

MowGreen
* -343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten