From: Nip on
My computer it repeatedly failing to install the KB974417 update, I keep
being given an error code of 0x643. I have no idea what this means or how to
rectify it. Other threads comment on removing something installing this and
then re-adding the previously removed install.

I have no idea how to do this, will microsoft rectify this through another
update??
From: Michael on

"Nip" <Nip(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer it repeatedly failing to install the KB974417 update, I keep
> being given an error code of 0x643. I have no idea what this means or how
> rectify it. Other threads comment on removing something installing this
> and
> then re-adding the previously removed install.
>
> I have no idea how to do this, will microsoft rectify this through another
> update??

Well, Nip. If all this is too tough for you to figure out, you really
shouldn't own a computer.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Nip on

"Michael" wrote:

> "Nip" <Nip(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My computer it repeatedly failing to install the KB974417 update, I keep
> > being given an error code of 0x643. I have no idea what this means or how
> > rectify it. Other threads comment on removing something installing this
> > and
> > then re-adding the previously removed install.
> >
> > I have no idea how to do this, will microsoft rectify this through another
> > update??
>
> Well, Nip. If all this is too tough for you to figure out, you really
> shouldn't own a computer.
> --
>
> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>
> you really are rather rude,

My intention of posing this question on this forum was to ask for
assistance, granted I may not fully understand how everything works but at
least I have audacity to recognise I need help in rectifying this problem and
am brave enough to request it.

Please keep your negative and rude comments to yourself.
From: Michael on

> "Michael" wrote:
>

>> "Nip" <Nip(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My computer it repeatedly failing to install the KB974417 update, I
>> > keep
>> > being given an error code of 0x643. I have no idea what this means or
>> > how
>> > rectify it. Other threads comment on removing something installing this
>> > and
>> > then re-adding the previously removed install.
>> >
>> > I have no idea how to do this, will microsoft rectify this through
>> > another
>> > update??
>>
>> Well, Nip. If all this is too tough for you to figure out, you really
>> shouldn't own a computer.
>> --
>>
>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>
>> you really are rather rude,

'ppreciate it!

> My intention of posing this question on this forum was to ask for
> assistance, granted I may not fully understand how everything works but at
> least I have audacity to recognise I need help in rectifying this problem
> and
> am brave enough to request it.
>
> Please keep your negative and rude comments to yourself.

Rude is what I do when an idiotic post like yours appears.

Re-read your post, and btw, this is a newsgroup, *not* a forum. You stated
you've seen fixes for your problem, but "have no idea how to do this."
Would you prefer have someone here travel to your home and fix it for you,
or would you rather educate yourself by using an unknown search engine like
Google, to see if a fix is listed that's explained on a pre-school level.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.