From: undisclosed on

Hi All, I too could not get KB974417 to install. I used the clean tool
to remove all .NET items, and while it worked it hosed my Nero
installation. I restored from an image file as no amount of reinstalling
Nero would work. I decided to uninstall all 3 (in my case) KB updates
under the NET 2.0 group in Add/Remove programs. After doing so and
rebooting, I went to Windows Update and was offered the Family Pack
service pack update. Installed that and was up to date! I am guessing
that this included the functions of the pesky KB974417, as since it is
not installed, Windows update no longer says I need it. I have no idea
if this approach will work for everyone, but it is far less time
consuming than some other ideas I have seen.

--
best1syn2oil