From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
On 2010-04-17 4:15 p.m., J wrote:

> The following error message was logged: "Error 1330. A file that is
> required cannot be installed because the cabinet file setup11.cab has
> an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file
> is corrupt. Error 24592 was returned by WinVerifyTrust."
>
> Our product comes with 11 cab files. Only the last one gives the
> error. When you right-click on the cab file and view the certificate,
> the message is "This digital signature is not valid."

I'd hazard a guess that the file will need to be resigned. Update KB978601
changes the way in which cabinet and executable files are signed; I'm not expert
in this area, but from my interpretation of it this change will invalidate
previously good signatures under certain circumstances.

You might get better advice in microsoft.public.security.crypto.

Harry.

--
Harry Johnston
http://harryjohnston.wordpress.com